Getting you back to work, play, and living
WHAT IS PHYSICAL THERAPY?
Physical therapy is a medical, hands-on approach to relieving pain and restoring function. Physical therapists are medical experts in musculoskeletal and neurological conditions Physical therapists are highly-educated (masters or doctorate Degrees), Licensed heath, care professionals who can help reduce pain and improve or restore mobility, While every patient’s condition and pain is unique, your physical therapist will use a variety of gentle hands-on techniques, exercises, and equipment to relieve pain quickly and restore your function to optimum levels. The overall goal is to restore pain-free mobility and function and to prevent the injury or pain from recurring.
HOW DO I KNOW IF PHYSICAL THERAPY WILL HELP ME?
Working with you and your doctor, we can discuss your options and help determine if physical therapy will be the right choice for you. Contact us today to discuss your current condition .
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO MY FIRST APPOINTMENT?
Please have your prescription and insurance card available when you call. This will allow us to verify your insurance benefits and provide you with an estimate of coverage.
TO BRING ON YOUR FIRST VISIT:
- A prescription (if needed) for physical therapy from your referring physician.
- Insurance information (we will make a copy of your card).
- Print out the patient forms, fill them out, and bring them with you.
- In case of an automobile accident or worker’s compensation claim, also bring any case manager or insurance adjuster contact names, phone numbers, and claim number.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete any remaining paperwork, so you can maximize your time in your evaluation.
- Please wear comfortable clothing that allows easy access to your problem areas.
DOES INSURANCE COVER MY TREATMENT?
Yes, in most cases it does. Our office will be happy to assist in contacting your insurance company and determining your coverage based on your individual policy. For more information, visit our insurance plan page and please do not hesitate to contact our office. We do offer different payment options for your convenience.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE INSURANCE?
For patients who do not have insurance, we offer a discounted fee, due at the time of service.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
Dress comfortably with clothes that allow easy access for the therapist to examine your problem areas. For treatments, loose fitting clothes that are comfortable for gentle exercises and supportive sneakers are often good choices to wear.
If you experience falls, balance difficulties, or vestibular problems, request an appointment online or call (866) 446-9056 for more information about fall prevention and balance programs in Greenbelt and Bowie, Maryland.