Getting you back to work, play, and living
Now offering Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization!
Dr. Sohaila Mosaddegh founded Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Center to offer aggressive, empowering physical therapy to residents in Olney, MD (Montgomery County) and Greenbelt, Bowie, and Riverdale, MD (Prince George’s County).
Dr. Mosaddegh and our caring team are dedicated to comprehensive evaluations and innovative physical therapy for the full range of injuries, orthopedic conditions, pain conditions, and movement and function conditions associated with sports injury, work injury, auto accidents, personal injury, women’s health, balance, and rehabilitation.
Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Center is dedicated to helping people relieve pain, regain strength, restore function, and rebuild confidence to return to their job, sport, or favorite activities.
Benefits of Our Physical Therapy Programs
- We will educate you about your muscle, bone, nerve, or joint condition so that you understand the underlying cause of your pain, discomfort, or movement limitation.
- We will perform a comprehensive evaluation of your range of motion, strength, endurance, coordination, and balance.
- Together, we will formulate your physical therapy goals.
- Your physical therapist will work with you 1:1 to teach you exercises, provide therapeutic modalities, and monitor your progress. You will learn to perform workouts independently and at home.
- Your goals and performance will be assessed at regular intervals and your physical therapy program will be modified accordingly.
- You will learn prevention and safety techniques to help prevent further injury or disability.
- You will receive support and encouragement in a positive, motivating environment.
Therapeutic Modalities to Enhance Physical Therapy
Our caring physical therapy staff has expertise in pre- and post-surgery orthopedics, as well as orthopedic physical therapy rehabilitation for orthopedic injuries, work-related injury, and personal injury. We are qualified to perform therapeutic modalities to enhance physical therapy results and ease pain.
Physical Modalities include:
- Electrical stimulation / iontophoresis
- Ultrasound / phonophoresis
- Moist heat / ice
- Saunders, cervical, and pelvic traction
- Gait training
- Manual / hands on therapy:
- Soft tissue mobilizations (read more below)
- Deep friction massage
- Pressure point release
- Manual stretching
- Joint mobilization
- Myofascial release
- Manual traction
Additional treatments include therapeutic exercises (the therapist will customize an exercise program to suit your needs) such as core training, McKenzie exercise, and pre- and post-operative exercise. We also offer sports medicine targeted specifically for athletic injuries.
Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
We are pleased to introduce a new service: Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization using HawkGrip.
When a soft tissue injury occurs, the tissue and other components can reassemble in abnormal arrangement or cross-linkages, resulting in decreased tensile strength, reactivity, and limited range of motion, all of which can allow the involved tissue to become prone to chronic re-injury and pain.
Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) locates and breaks up the abnormal cross-linkages and rehabilitates the injured area to its optimal function. IASTM can help accelerate the body’s cellular response to healing an injured area by helping to increase the infiltration of fibroblasts to the injured site.
Hawk Grips are instruments designed to detect and treat soft tissue dysfunction and facilitate treatment around different body parts, conforming to different body soft tissue contours and joint shapes.
IASTM with HawkGrip is useful for a variety of conditions, including:
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow)
- Rotator cuff syndrome
- Trigger finger
- Patellar tendonitis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Postural Abnormalities
- Upper cross syndrome
- Lower cross syndrome
- Myofascial Pain Syndromes
- Suboccipital headache
- Cervicogenic headache
- Piriformis syndrome
- Trigger points
- Chronic tightness of muscles
- Plantar fasciitis
- ITB syndrome
- Entrapment Syndromes
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Ulnar nerve entrapment
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Ligament Pain
- Shoulder sprain
- Wrist sprain
- Knee sprain
- Ankle sprain
- Scar Tissue/Adhesions
- Edema Reduction
- Acute post-traumatic swelling
- And more
For physical therapy in Maryland, request an appointment online or call our office at (866) 446-9056 to schedule an appointment at Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Center in Greenbelt, Riverdale, Bowie, Olney, Laurel, Silver Spring and Glen Burnie Maryland today!